Smooth + creamy New York-style cheesecake topped with homemade blueberry sauce on a graham cracker crust.
- 15 graham crackers
- 2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9-inch springform pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs with melted butter. Press onto bottom of springform pan.
In a large bowl, mix cream cheese with sugar until smooth. Blend in milk, and then mix in the eggs one at a time, mixing just enough to incorporate. Mix in sour cream, vanilla, and flour until smooth. Pour filling into prepared crust.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour. Turn the oven off, and let the cake cool in the oven with the door closed for 5 to 6 hours; this prevents cracking.
- While the cheesecake is baking, combine the blueberries, 1/2 cup of water, sugar, and lemon juice in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring the pan to a boil, stirring frequently.
- In a small bowl, create a slurry but combining the water and cornstarch. Slowly stir the mixture into the blueberries and simmer until thickened, about 5 minutes. The sauce should be thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Allow the mixture to cool to room temperature.
- Once the cheesecake is completely cooled, pour the blueberry sauce over the top. If you want cleaner sides you can chill the sauce before topping the cake. Chill in the refrigerator until serving.