These Homemade Cinnamon Baking Chips are a great way to add a burst of cinnamon flavor to your muffins, scones and other baked goods. Perfect for holiday baking!
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons shortening or unsalted butter ( room temperature)
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the sugar and cinnamon.
- Add the shortening or butter and corn syrup and mix until a thick paste forms.
- Pour the cinnamon mixture out onto a sheet pan lined with a silpat. You can also use parchment paper. Press to approximately 1/8 inch thick.
- Bake at for 30-35 minutes until brown + bubbly, then allow to cool completely.
- Using a bench scraper or a knife, cut 1/4 inch squares for cookies and muffins. You can make them any size you want. Store in an air-tight container in a cool, dry place.
Adapted from All Recipes.