Butterscotch brownies loaded with chocolate chips and toasted pecans
- 113 grams unsalted butter butter (1/2 cups )
- 425 grams brown sugar (2 cups)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 113 grams whole wheat flour (1 cup)
- 85 grams all-purpose flour (3/4 cup)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 425 grams chocolate chips (2 1/2 cups)
- 113 grams pecans (1 cup, toasted)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9 x 13-inch baking pan (a 10-inch springform pan also works well here).
- In a medium-sized saucepan, slowly melt the butter on low heat. Add the brown sugar and stir until combined. Remove pan from the heat and turn of the stove.
- Pour the melted butter and sugar into a medium-sized bowl and allow to cool. Once the mixture is lukewarm, add in the eggs, vanilla extract, salt, and flour, stirring to combine. Fold in the chips and nuts.
- Evenly spread the mixture into the pan and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until the edges and top are lightly browned. Remove the pan from the oven and allow to cool completely before cutting.